Total cholesterol 240, triglycerides 95, HDL 38, LDL 165, VLDL 19, chol/hdl ratio 6.3. Weight loss to reduce cholesterol?

Sir/Madam, Iam 33 yrs old-female-155 inches in height and 54 Kgs weight. I have 240-total cholestrol,95 triglycerides, 38 HDL ,165 LDL ,VLDL 19, chol/hdl ratio : 6.3 . Question1: Should I try to reduce my weight to reduce cholestrol? question 2: should I be under statins? or can I control it with proper diet and exercise? i thought i will have proper diet and exercise for 3 months and then check again. is that ok?
Asked On : Thu, 15 Mar 2012