Total ankle fusion. Usual sports could be resumed after total ankle fusion?

ok so thx in advance for any info as I m pretty unsure of if I ll be able to continue my usual sports. I m getting ready to have a total ankle fusion is september and was wondering if a successful ankle fusion would be strong enough to wakeboard on??? I know it s hard to reccommend either way but I d like you guys to have a little imput. I understand that I must tape and or use a lace up inner boot for added support but idk ?? I would compare a wake to wake landing to jumping off a 4ft ladder but landing with slope and forward momentum which distributes the weight apon landing to the ankles,lower back,and knees. Even before I was good at soaking up the landings and not stiff-legging them but I m still unsure. I m sure that it would be hard to guess the amount of force that an ankle fusion would be able to stand. Considering it was a successful fusion with great recovery, bone density ,and taped ankle, what would be your guess ?? I forgot to ask my orthopaedic dr so here you are. Food for though...... Enjoy
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012