Torn tendon from a knife wound. Swollen hand with pain. Wrapped with bandage. Is it safe?

My daughter had hand surgery last year -- she had a torn tendon from a cutting knife. Her toddler slammed the regfrigerator door on her hand yesterday and she woke up with hand swollen and had excruciating pain during the night. She has it wrapped with ace bandage. Is that safe to do? she called her surgeon but needs primary referral and they gave her an appointment for her primary the earliest tomorrow. help!
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013