Torn miniscus. Is it possible for a bone to swell? How long does it take to heal?

Hello, about 2 mnths ago I messed my rgt knee up with torn medial miniscus, stretched LCL, ACL , extensive bone marrow edema and non displaced subchondral fracture to lateral tibial plateau. Its doing pretty good but the laterial part of tibia is still swollen hard like the bone is swollen, still some discomfort there. I go back to my orth next week for follow up to see if subchondroplasty is necessary as well as fixing torn miniscus. Is it possible for a bone to swell and how long does it take to heal and treatment options available?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013