Torn frenulum after intercourse. Pus filled sores. Herpes or bacterial infection?

During sex about a week ago with my gf I ripped my frenulum nearly if not completely apart. I have torn it a little befor never like this and could recover in a week or less before previously .
After sex I looked and seen no blood just had a stinging sensation with a spot of blood. I'm sure it had time to get infected over thee night. Morning I woke up it was extremely swollen where it had ripped. I cleaned with peroxide for a few days and antibiotic cream. My injury would turn yellow and I noticed some yellow sore like spots aswell.
After using proxide for 5days and having pain urinating from thee head and urine touchin my tear.. I stoped using peroxide and went to the health clinic. I was seen and was told I had herpes and peroxide had irritated my urethra and that was it. I am in doubt that this is herpes I have never had a herpe outbreak of any sort neither has my gf. After this injury I wounder.
Is the nures only assuming? She took a swob so im waiting results The entire middel of my frenulum is gone so the top and bottom are stil irritated and swollen. Also could I take metronidazole to help my tear heal? I have not tried to have any sex since & my gf got check No sores but did have a bacterial infection and was proscribed Metronidazole.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013