Tore tendons on foot. Numbness in toe, difficulty walking. Can I fix it?

Hello, i am 17 years old and last summer i jumped into a shallow lake and apparently tore some tendons in my left foot . After going to a doctor they put me in a cast for 6 weeks, however i only kept it on for 1 (i know i did this to myself) well a year has passed and i have a lot of problems with it, just walking daily can be a pain; however ive been experiencing numbness in my big toe on the same foot for over a couple of months now. It comes and goes and sometimes it s there to stay. I m just wondering if there s any possibility of fixing the numbness? Im worried because i don t know whats causing it or if it will ever go away.
Asked On : Sun, 13 May 2012