Toothache, swollen gums, lump in the roof of mouth. Suggestions?

Four days ago my teeth on my right side of my mouth started to be extremely painful with stabbing pains. I had flossed earlier that day and may have cut my gum. After a day the pain shifted to just one tooth that I had filled a year ago and has been sensitive since (molar top right). Two days after the initial pain, my gums are swollen all along the top right side of my mouth and there is a swollen painful lump near the roof of my mouth slightly off from where the tooth that is hurting. What is it? I can’t get to the dentist for a couple of days, is there anything I can do until then?
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012