Toothache. Dentist put something on the gum. Having long white welt on gum causing pain, burning. Reason?

I went to the dentist for a toothache and thought it might be a problem with my gums right near the tooth, so my dentist said it might be the root surface so he put something on my tooth and gum, and it was not the problem. Once I left the dentist office my mouth hurt 10 times worse and noticed a long white welt on my gum like inside my cheek but towards the bottom of the tooh. It is so painful I can t eat or even talk right. My cheek and where the welt is is so swollen. What can I do for this for the pain to go away and the welt to go away? And what did the dentist put on my gums to make this happen? It feels like a burn of some sort.. Think that s the only way you can get a welt.
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012