Tooth removed, pain in face, I have trigeminal neuralgia, prescribed neurontin. What could it be?

I had pain inmy mouth about 2 months ago, so i went to the dentist and had the tooth removed. within 3 weeks of the surgery, i starte dhaving consist pain to my face that felt like electrical shocking going all over in my face. Anything would trigger it: washing my face,sneezing,coughing,eating,and brushing my teeth. I went to follow up with the oral surgeon and he sent me to see a periordontist and he said i had good teeth and i have trigeminal neuralgia. I followup with my doctor today and she started me on neurotin 300mg every night. She also said my crp was normal and my sed rate was 100. what could be going on.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013