Tooth loss causing frequently biting the tongue followed by weakness, enervation. What could be the cause?

Hi, i am solmaz jalali. i am midwife. there is an unsual situation with my husband that i cant undrestand what is it. my husband loose one of his tooth last year and this cause he bite his tounge frequently. up to here everything lookes normal and this can be happen to every one.the strange thing is that, afte 1 hour which he bite his tounge, he feel weakness and lose his energy,this trend continue 3 or 4 days. this situation disturb us. he took some blood examination for evaluation of infection existence in his body but there is nothing seen.could you please explain me what is the relationship between biting tongue and wakness? regards solmaz jalali
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response

No relationship for what you are saying. The only explanation could be the bite was so severe cause terrible pain which can lead to weakness.

Otherwise, if this is not your husband's case, it could be because of stress of not getting recovered from "biting the tongue".

Please be patient as everything would be ok. If the weakness persist, he can take some multivitamins to get enough energy. Feed him with healthy foods and get him plenty of fluids.