Tooth extracted, little swelling. Bleeding after brushing, keeping gauze in mouth. How to stop bleeding?

hello. i recently had a tooth extraction and everything went fine. It stopped bleeding the first day and the second day was okay. A little soreness but nothing unusual. On the third day, today, i went to brush the opposite side and the extraction zone started bleeding. It started getting progressively worse and now it is bleeding a lot and won\ t stop. Also, i am keeping gauze in my mouth and i noticed that when I took it out to change it, there was a dark red chunk of what appeared to be a piece of my gum. What do I do for the bleeding? should I be worried? What is the chunk and should I be worried about that as well?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013