Tooth ache due to the improper alignment of wisdom tooth. Surgery necessary? Can it be filled?

Hi Doctor, I have a mild tooth ache from last 4-5 months, i consulted a doctor and she said i need to operate my wisdom tooth as it is not in the proper position and needs to be taken out. The wisdom tooth on both the sides are in same inclined position but i have pain on only right side. This is creating a gap in between chew and wisdom teeth and causing cavity. Is it necessary to operte it or can it be done with filling and medicines?
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012