Took two birth control pills in one day during the first week of period. Advise?

Hi, I'm a 20 yr old college student and just ended my period a few days ago after bleeding for a week longer than usual (My period normally lasts 7 days). I figured this was okay because I skipped my period last month after having a pause in my BC (lo-loestrin). However, I just went to the bathroom after feeling slightly "crampy" and when I wiped there was a good amount of blood on the tissue. I started a new pack of BC on the 1st day of my period, but I threw it up due to the extreme nausea I usually experience. And I absent-mindedly took two pills in one day (still during the 1st week), however I took my pills regularly everyday after that and I am now mid-way into the 3rd week of the pack. Should this be expected? I am very upset because I don't want to have two periods less than a week apart, it very inconvenient and bothersome for someone who's active like I am.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013