Took treatment for colon cancer, had colostomy, spread to liver and lungs. Body and eyes yellowed. Why is it ?

My grandfather is 80 years old and has been diagnosed with colon cancer several years ago. He did do treatment and had received a permanent colostomy last summer. In November they found that it had came back and had spread to his liver and lungs. He has chosen not to receive treatment and just live best he could until the end. He is very yellowed and eyes are yellowed as well. Decreased energy/ appetite and seems to sleep most of the time. Also started saying that his hip is hurting this morning. A couple of days ago had an increase in energy and stated he felt really good but this morning not so much. I am just curious as to if it is getting close for him to go and if so approx how close? I know that everyone is different and there is no sure way to know but I am just wanting to know if it sounds like days? Weeks? Anything
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013