Took treatment for acne previously. Having cysts on forehead, chin, back. Having folliculitis. What could it be?

I am a 24 year old male medical student and I have suffered for years with what was presumed as acne , (this probably was the case to begin with, when I was 14). I was treated with a topical retinoid , and oral oxytetracycline for over 3 years, with relatively little effect towards the emd of the treatment. However, I am still suffering with skin issues 10 years later. I develop nodules/ cysts , about 1cm in size, on my forehead , or chin , as well as on my back. They occur singulary, though there have been a few times where i ve had more than 3 at once. They develop quickly, are painful, and usually stay in place for about 2 weeks or so, until they regress. On occasion white, caseous material may be found in them (upon aspirating them). As well as this I suffer from seborrhoea, which almost seems like it is linked to my diet in some way. I start feeling an itching sensation on my forehead, and at this point usually have a large amount of sebum over my forehead and nose. Coinciding with this I will have small 1-2mm papules, (in the same areas as the sebum), which look like open comedomes, are red, and contain the same white caseous material, which may be expelled. I can have up to 40 of these occuring, mainly in clusters around my forehead, and also on the chest and back to a lesser extent. Occasionally I also develop pustles around the folds of the nasal ala. 2-3mm papules also develop on my head beneath my hair. These also itch slightly and are usually quite red. Another occurance is folliculitis , occuring on follicles on my legs and arms, which is very irritating until the hair is removed manually, whether this has any relation to this i am unsure of, as I only get one or two follicles affected at any one time. The worse the seborrhea gets, the more likely I am to get a cyst/nodule. Foods, generally fatty such as dairy, seem to be an exacerbating factor Constant removal of the sebum with alcohol wipes seemed to control the issue to a small extent Clotrimazole also seems to relieve it partially I do not smoke, but I do drink approx. 15 units a week. I was hoping you could offer me further opinion on what this may be, I assumed it was pitrysprosporum folliculitis, but am not completely sure.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013