Took regestrone to stop periods. Periods started. How to stop periods and medicine to be taken?

I am going with my wife on honeymoon on 25may she had periods on 25 last month this month she was expecting periods on 21 so I gave her 1 tab regestrone from 20 may daily to posponed today is 22 may she took the third tab today but evening she got her periods. Now suggets us how to clear periods before 25 may what tab should be taken
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012
Mar 2013
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
You have taken the tablets too late.
If you wished to avoid periods on the 21st, then tablets should have been started from the 15th onwards, that is 4 - 5 days in advance.
Also, the dosage is wrong.
Generally 5 mg twice a day is prescribed and dose is adjusted as per body weight.
Again why would you ' give ' her the tablets instead of consulting a doctor ?
Anyways, there is no known way of stopping periods once it begins.
You can just TRY this - take two tablets of Registrone starting from today.
Hopefully, the flow should stop in 2 - 3 days.
Normally for how many days does she bleed every month ?
Registrone should be started well in advance for its effect in delaying or preponing periods.
Please write in with more details at -
All the best