Took regesterone after missed periods. Is this a symptoms of pre menopause?

I am 45 years . I have had regular periods till now. I missed my periods in october, and had LMP on 26 th november. it went on for 10 days but was minimal bleeding. Ultrasound revealed thicl endometrium and polyp . my doc has perescribed regesterone for 20 days and check again. I was tubectomised 6 years back. is this a symptom of pre menopause? I am otherwise normal dont have any discomfort. do yoga and walk regularly. Even with irregular periods there was no discomfort. would like an advise
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012