Took prednisone for ankle injury, weight gain, urinary tract, kidney infection. Prescribed medication. Clinical examination required?

hi i started taking prednisone tablets after an ankle injury started noticing swelling in my body suppose weight gain could it be the prednisone ,then a few days after i started having urinary tract infection with sore back and sides of my lower back symtoms of odour in urine frequent loo,headdaches salt cravings and whiteness in my mouth so with the followup checkup Doctor says i seen to have a kidney infection and prescribed me |Cifran 500mg one twice daily . does thus cause for alarm ? do i need a clinical examination ? will he antibiotics help?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013