Took postinor pill after an unprotected sex. How to know that the pregnancy will be prevented?

Hello, I ve taken a Postinor Pill (Morning after pill) 19 hours after an incident with a broken condom. Unfortunately that was the earliest I could take it due to the timing of events. How do I know if it has worked in successfully preventing pregnancy? Or do I have to wait until I have (or miss) my menstrual cycle? My pharmacist said I might bleed during the next week of taking the pill; is that a good sign or not?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013