Took injection for numbing for dental cavity replacement. Having itching, ear bleeding. Reason?

Yesterday I had 2 cavities replaced (I had 30+yr old ones) . I had a needle for numbing. Later that night I became extremely itchy. But I couldn t relieve it with scratching bc I was frozen in the area still. So I rubbed it (probably too much as now I have like a wind- burn , scabby rash on the area. This morninng I woke up to a blood filled pillow (even with sticky clot-like stuff) My ear had been bleeding all night. (same side as the work I had done) I went to ER and they said no ruptures. I haven t been sick. I was in the ER for 3 mins..they said if it is still bleeding in 2 days come back so they can burn it. So online I am coming to the conclusion that it may have been a broken blood vessel in my ear from an alergic reaction to something the dentist use (laytex, needles, whatever). My question: 1) What should I be asking my dentist? (i.e. precautions for next time? Is there an x-ray he can do to see if there s anything else wrong -- like Ear cancer?? 2) Is it possible he made an error with respect to the needle??
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013