Took hormonal tablets for long heavy periods, periods normal. Problem continued. Can take tablets again?

My daughter is 26 years old. She is married for the past two years. She is not taking any oral contraceptives . In october 2012 she had heavy bleeding for 15 days during menstruation . When it was not controlled by trapic she was put on hormonal tablets for two cycles. During this time her periods were normal. Later she got periods after 2 months and again she is having heavy bleeding for the past 15 days. Can she again take hormonal tablets?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013