Took erythromycin for itchy throat. Had papillary thyroid cancer. How to get relief?

I have a very itchy throat. The MD gave me erythromycin 5 day course in early December. The med took care of the fever and phlegm . I m 43 years male old with a history of papillary thyroid cancer with thyroidectomy , in 2008 and Type 2 DM. I saw my ENT in the grocery store and he we talked at length and he said based on my description of symptoms he ruled out cancer. He did tell me to take omperazole but I haven t so far done. The itchy throat happens every 1/2 hour and last a minute. The itch is intense and relieved by coughing. No fever, phelgm, weakness just a an itchy throat that attacks at least once in an hour. Lying down does not relieve symptom. Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013