Took emergency contraceptive pill after unprotected intercourse. Delayed periods. Do I need to go for pregnancy test?

Hi doc. i had a sex right after my period stoped since two days, and i also took the unwanted 72 hours tablet the day after, but now my period is delayed by a week, so is it not safe. and also my period is irregular, should i go for the pregnency test or it is safe. And another question is that i used to take unwanted 72 hours in every two to three months ones or twice. So if now i want to get pregnent how safe is it for me and my child.
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012