Took elaquine for getting bacteria in the blood. Stomach pain, constipation, diarrhea. Have anxiety attacks. Stomach feeling hot. Is it normal?

On nov 15th I was diagnosed with a bacteria in the blood and I took elaquine 500 mg for seven days. Then on or about December 8 I got so upset that since then I have abdominal pain , constipation/ diarrhea , gas. I went to see my doctor and he said I had anxiety attacks and I have been taking it and he also gave me Zantac but when I take it my stomach feels extremely hot is that normal?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013