Took depo provera shot. Having prolonged periods, Family history of ovarian, cervical cancer. Suggestions?

i took depo provera on april 24 2012. my cramps were so bad that my dr suggested it but instead of stopping my period it prolonged it and it lasted for the whole 3 months. i didnt take the next shot or get on anothr form of birth control but im still on my perod! it goes away for a couple days, a week at the most and comes rite back. sometimes its a full period and other times its just spotting. but for the last 3 or 4 days its been heavier than my normal flow and my cramps are worse than ever. ive told my dr about this problem and have call other dr offices for advice and they all say this is normal. im losing to much blood this cant be normal. im only 18 so i dont know to much about this stuff but cervical cancer runs in my famliy as well as ovarian my mom had Cervical dysplasia at 21 and my grandmother had ovarian cancer in her 40s. im freaking out at this point please help
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  19 Awaiting Answer