Took cortisone injection for carpal tunnel syndrome. Discoloration on the skin on the hand. Will it come back to my normal color?

I am an African American female, of medium brown complextion and in November 2012 I had cortisone injection into my wrists for carpal tunnel pain relief. A year before I had had the same injection, but only in my right wrist, with no negative results. In late January early February, I started to notice discoloration in my skin on the right hand . From the injection site up to the knuckles it has become about 3 to 5 shades lighter in a sltchy pattern over my hand. The left just in the injection site. I have been using natural shea butter trying to bring the pigment back with very little change. Will this skin return to its normal color? Is there anything I can do to speed the process?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013