Took antibiotics for infected wound, scab came off, healing but hard. Is it normal?

I had a puncture would in my leg in October. It got infected and i took the anti-biotics and the infection went away. Then a couple weeks later the scab came off and all of the old blood and bruising came out like a pimple . I was told this was okay and good that it happened because it would clear the way for the healing process. I was left with a big hole in my leg. It is healing nicely but the area around the wound is still hard. Is this normal?
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012