Took antibiotics for bacterial tonsillitis. Burning sensation in throat, sore, pain while swallowing, phelgm. Relief?

Hi, I was put on antibiotics ( penicillin ) for bacterial tonsillitis on one side of my throat three weeks ago, took the full course (4 a day) and within a couple of days of finishing the course the other side of my throat had started to get really painful. So I went to my uni doctor (had gone to my doctor at home before) and he asked what I d been taking so I showed him the box and then he put me on the same type, but this time 8 a day. Anyway I took the full course and finished them on Thursday but since Saturday the whole of my throat s felt like it s burning, one side is particularly sore and it s painful to swallow . I ve also got earache and there s loads of phlegm at the back of my throat I can t seem to get rid of. Also I can t help burping all the time? And I don t know if this is connected but some days I keep needing to wee a lot and I was never like that before? Very pale, looks just like water. But I am drinking more cause of the throat.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013