Took an alkaseltzer. Had high temperature. Breathing rapidly and coughing a lot. What is wrong?

my husband 77 yrs. old had a temp. of 101.5 this morning @ 6:00..he took an alkaseltzer..2 hrs. later the temp. was 98.5, now it is 97.5..he still looks flush tho and is breathing more rapidly...isn t coughing or seem to have anything but sleeping a lot...2 mos. ago @ prompt care they took xrays and said he had pneumonia was put on an antibiotic..followed up later w/our dr. and he disputed the diagnosis..he finished the antibiotics and was fine then..don t know what is going on today.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012