Took Ovral to postpone periods. Had unprotected sex in the meantime. Should ipill be taken or will I get periods naturally?

my periods were on dec 23rd but i took ovral to postpone it. i took 1 on 22nd and later waited for a whole week, again due to some occasion i took it on 28th dec. but i just had unprotected sex with my husband. my question is should i take an I- PILL or wil i get my periods after few days. and the occasion is on 31st so how many more ovral should i consume to postpone.. pls reply fast.
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013
Jan 2016
Hallow Dear,

It as advisable to have Ipill within 24-72 hours after the unprotected sexual intercourse in this situation. Birth control for few days may not give you any protection. However, if your menses were expected just within few days, the chances of pregnancy would be very remote as the egg is released 14 days prior to the next menses. Still, safe period is not a very reliable method of birth control and should be reinforced by some reliable method like post coital emergency birth control pill.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Nishikant Shrotri