Took Macrobid for UTI, developed body pain, rash inside ankles. Is it allergy ?

I was prescribed Macrobid for UTI . After 6 days my body was terribly achey and I developed a slight rash on the inside of my ankles. I immed. stopped medicine. I am very healthy, no aches or pains. I m 57, hoping this was the reason. UTI has cleared up so far. If it comes back I ll go back to Dr. I m concerned it may not be from RX, but I m on no other medicine at all. Not allergic to anything but am I allergic to Macrobid??
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012
Hello Susan,
If you are feeling okay then you can stop the macrobid, 6days time is also sufficient time.
I would like you you get a Urine routine and culture and a CBC done, just to see that the UTI has resolved and your platelet levels are sound.
If these report are fine then it must be a drug reaction and you should avoid all macrolide antibiotics in future.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.