Took Eptoin for seizure resulting in Steven Johnson reaction. Did not respond to CBZ. Suggested Valance or Encorate chrono. Will this worsen the situation?

I had a seizure and was administered with Eptoin ( Phenytoin ) which caused Steven Johnson reaction. Then I was administered with CBZ and that did not suit me as well. Now I have been suggested Valance OD or Encorate Chrono by my Gen Phy and I am hoping that this will not worsen the situation. My neuro had also started Levipil but that caused drowsiness and attention problems.
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012