Tonsils swollen, difficulty in breathing, swallowing, red spot on tonsil, decided not to have surgery for removal. Suggestions?

I have had my tonsils swollen for about two months and a half with no pain. I have been having nights where I seem to be having diffculty breathing during sleep. I also have occassional difficulty swallowing . I saw an ENT about a week and a half ago and because I decided not to have my tonsils removed he suggested I take Zyrtec and Amoxicillan for about 2 weeks. I am about a week into it with no improvement and I now have a red spot that appeared on my right tonsil. Still no pain and other than the two above mentioned symptoms I really have no other symptoms. I am honestly beginning to get a tad worried. What can I have? Would it be better to have my tonsils removed?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012