Tonsillectomy done. Frequent pain in throat, ears. No effect by taking Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Morphine. Pain relief?

My friend is 32 years old and had a tonsillectomy 3 days ago. He has a lot of pain in his throat and also his ears from time to time. He says he has excruciating pain and takes his medicine uncontrollably which is not effective in my opinion. Does anyone know an effective and good way to take his medicine? He has the following medicines: Ibuprofen 400 mg (which has to be taken 3 times a day) Tramadol 50 mg (his doctor said to not takes these, but he still does) Morphine 10 mg (take when needed, max. 6 a day for a period of 5 days) Paracetamol 500 mg (which was not prescribed, he just has that one)
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013