Tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy. Soft palate swollen. Why lazy swallow reflex?

Hi, I am almost 8 weeks postop tonsillectomy/ adenoidectomy . My throat has healed fairly well, but I am still feeling a sense of fullness/ swelling in my uvula/soft palate area. The area feels constricted, and when I swallow liquids it seems like I have, for lack of a better term, a lazy swallow reflex. The liquid almost feels as if it goes up before it goes down. I am also a singer, and have no vocal control as of yet, and there are times where my regular speaking voice cuts out on me. Do I need to give it more time, or should I have this checked out?
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012