Tonsilitis, neck pain, numbness, on antibiotic. Cure for symptoms?

Can tonsilitis cause posterior neck pain and slight numbness on the infected side? I have had a culture but they are not sure what has caused the tonsilitis yet. I am currently on an antibiotic but an experiencing strange symptoms that weren't happening initially. Last night I had neck pain on one side close to the nape of my neck and it was hard to turn my head, the pain then spread to both sides of my neck and it hurt to hold up my head. The pain has since passed but I was curious to know if this is common with tonsilitis.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013