Tonsil pain while swallowing. Tried amoxicillin, saline sprays and humidifiers. Had a throat scope test. Could that be the reason?

Hi, I am now going on over 2 months of persistent tonsil pain which hurts worse when swallowing . I have been checked for strep throat and tonsilitis over a month ago and also took one week of amoxicillin which did not help at all. My tonsils are not swollen and my throat even isn t really red looking. I have tried saline sprays, humidifiers, nasal decongestants, warm salt gargles, warm honey teas, etc. all in hopes to alleviate the pain. All the traditional sore throat remedies have not worked. I have called an ENT and am scheduled in a couple of weeks. I would appreciate any feedback at all to what this possibly may be. In addition, I have GERD symptoms in which I have had a throat scope test in which this seemed to be the starting time of when my throat pain started. Could this have anything to do with it? Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012