I am Dr Sriram nathan and I shall try to help you with your problem
In all probably you might have an infection in your tonsils and this would have caused your symptoms.
If you have had tonsillitis
before then it may be tonsils stones but these are white in colour and usually do not bleed unless you try to remove them. They are not cystic and are usually solid substances which on pressing give offensive odour.
None of these are to be worried. You can easily treat them and you can get back to normal in a week or so!
In any case you must do these:
1. Take warm water with a little salt and gargle
2. If you have pain then you must start a course of antibiotics like the amox-clav along with pain killers like the paracetamol
. Your doctor will know about this.
3. I would usually also start an anti reflux medication
like the pantoprazole
for a week or two
4. Avoid anything spicy and oily for the next one week or two
5. take voice rest for your throat and do not take anything cold
. Also do not have anything very hard.
You should feel better in a day or two. If not then you must consult an ENT surgeon to evaluate your tonsil and throat.
hope this helps
Dr Sriram Nathan