Tons of red boils on legs since summer, followed by swelling, popping leaving purple scars, spreading. What could it be?

Since the beginning of the summer I have gotten a ton of little red pimples/boils on my legs. they swell up and after they pop and heal they leave little purple scars. I get a few at a time. My family thinks they might be spider bites, ingrown hairs, zits. I am not too certain! I check for spiders, bed bugs, switched razors, discontinued certain lotion use. I don t know what else to try. The bumps have now spead to my stomach . (started on my shin.)
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012