Tongue swelling, burning sensation, bumps, pain on swallowing, child had strep throat. Treatment?

Hello - I am a 51 year old female. My 17 year old daughter has had strep throat twice in the last 5 weeks. Several days ago my tongue started to feel thick, kind of swollen, The top and sides of my tongue feel as though they have been burned. The back of the top of the tongue has bumps. My throat is sore and hurts when I swallow , though my glands do not feel swollen. I am a teacher in a very stressful inner city high school. Am I ill? Please help me. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012