Tongue had areas of patchiness, had cold, mouth felt dried out. Is it thrush?

For the past two days my tongue has had areas of patchiness where there are only my taste buds. My mom said it is possible that I have thrush. I have had a cold for just over a week, and I acknowledge that it could possibly be thrush, but I think it could possibly be that because I had slept with my mouth open and it dried out, my tongue stuck to my palate . I was just wondering what all the possibilities could be. It doesn t look like I have thrush or strawberry tongue, from the pictures I saw, but I am not a doctor, so I do not know for sure.
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
dryness hyper acidity nose blockage reflux
teast or fungaus infections
or any associated disease causing fungus
take lot of warm water
apply nemycin h oinment in nose bd
sea water 2 drop at night to clear nose for free air
apply antiungal mouth paint locally antifungal medicines
anti allergic and antacid
but consult ent doctor who can judge the condition by look and treat avccording to diagnosis

Homeopath Dr. Mungara Raveendra's  Response
hi i had gone through your query and understand your concerns. i would come up with the possibility of APTHOUS MOUTH may be the cause for your sufferings

possible causes include;

-Stress or tissue injury is thought to be the cause of simple mouth ulcers.

-Certain foods, including citrus or acidic fruits and vegetables (such as lemons, oranges, pineapples, apples, figs, tomatoes and strawberries), can trigger a mouth ulcer or make the problem worse.

-nutritional problems, such as vitamin B-12, zinc, folic acid, or iron deficiency and

-gastrointestinal tract disease, such as Coeliac disease and Crohn's disease are the other causes.
treatment option;
i advise you taking Homeopathic medicines gives safe and permanent cure for your complaints
consult your local homeopathic physician for correct diagnosis of the case and remedy to fit your complaints
I hope this is helpful for you, thank you