Tongue burns and feels rough, tastes awful after gall bladder removal. Is it common?

I had my gallbladder removed last Wednesday. The day after surgery I noticed my tongue felt like it was burning, rather like acid being poured on it. I had enough problems and didn t think to say anything about it. Now the situation has gotten worse. My tongue feels rough, rather like a cat s tongue. In addition, food, with the exception of fruit, taste awful and absolutely nothing like it used to taste before surgery. My sister had her gallbladder removed a few years ago and says she remembers that happening to her. She thought it may have something to do with the anesthesia but couldn t remember any details. Is this common after surgery? How long might it last? Is there anything I can do to help get rid of the acidic, foul taste in my mouth. I m already brushing, flossing, and using mouthwash of course. Thanks, Susie
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012