Tongue bite, stitched, laceration swell, noticed no taste buds. Is this all normal after a tongue laceration?

I bit my tongue during a grand mal seizure about 2 weeks ago so bad that they stitched it back together. It pretty much healed in 10 days and stitches removed. However. I cant feel the side of the tongue that was bitten and have noticed any time I eat the place were the laceration swell i have also noticed the part that was almost detached their is no taste buds. Is this all normal after a tongue laceration?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013