Tolerant toward Percocet. Safe to take Dilaudid or Morphine instead?

I was told today that I may have an enzyme problem because medications sometimes have the opposite effect: example being Percocet does not make me sleepy, it hypes me up. How do I find out if I have this rare enzyme issue? Also, I have been taking that for several years. I have stopped taking it in the past and had no withdrawal symptoms. It does not work the way it use to. I have tried Vicodin, Norco and Roxicet with no relief. When admitted to the ER on several occasions, I was given Dilaudid or Morphine and both relieved the pain the best. Would this be a good progression while waiting for my tolerance for Percocet subsides? If not, could you recommend an alternative?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013