Toes and legs hurts, feel swollen, back pain, hands hurts. Is it MS?

Why do my toes hurt and feel swollen all of the time, plus my lower legs hurt and all of this makes me feel bad effects the way I walk and sometimes I go to put my foot and leg out to walk its like its not there and I have fallen some in the past few months straight back and hit my head. I have MS but they can't find anything new on the MIR. What do you think. Plus I have back pain and I have trouble with my hands hurting and swelling and dropping things if I am not extra careful. Your opinion is it MS?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hi!
welcome to HCM!
Yes,your symptoms are caused by MS.With MS the central nervous system (CNS) is attacked by the person's own immune system. The myelin of a patient with MS disappears in multiple areas. This leaves a scar (sclerosis).

In most cases, signs and symptoms generally appear between the ages of 20 and 40. For some patients, they are so mild that they do not notice anything until much later in the course of the disease.
Symptoms may appear usually in one or more limbs, and typically affect just one side of the body at a time, or just the bottom half of the body. gait can be a problem for people with MS. MS can change the way people walk, because their muscles are weaker, they may have problems with balance and dizziness, plus fatigue.
The long-term outcome is difficult to predict; with good outcomes more often seen in women, those who develop the disease early in life, those with a relapsing course, and those who initially experienced few attacks.
I sincerely hope this answers your query.Take care!