Toenail fell off, thick and lumpy nail growth. Will it grow normal?

My toe nail fell off and this was the second time. The first time it grew back normal but this time it grew back and it doesn t look normal. It s thick and lumpy looking. My doctor sent me to a derm to check for infection but the derm said it wasn t infected. Now it s starting to fall off again and I m not sure if it s growing back. Will it grow back again? Will it ever be normal looking? Will it keep growing back abnormally and keep falling off ?What should I do?
Asked On : Tue, 10 Apr 2012

Probably you have got a nail matrix injury.

If the matrix gets permanently damaged, it is very difficult for proper growth to happen.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you