Toe swells with reddish color after contracting herpes. Suggest medication?

actually my father had suffered from the harpies disease once last year. same thing is happening now. his right toe swells and reddishness is present near it. he is having a lot of pain. so i want to ask the period this disease lasts for? he suffered from the same for a year, we have consulted to the doctors too they said that once the complete symptoms are found for the same then only they will be suggesting for the medicines. please help me, i really want to know how it can be cured?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012