Hi welcome to Health care magic forum. As you describe it is the intermittent swelling with continuous itching. It seems it is due to allergy
concerned with foot wear, or foods. Some timesit may be due to infection of some bacteria which cause the pain and itching as well.
I advise you to consult a surgeon, for diagnosis and treatment. If it is infection it need to be incised and draine the pus. other wise simple use of drugs will solve the problem.
I also advise you to follow some diet recommendations as avoid taking fish, other sea foods, brinjal etc as these are having allergens and can produce allergy , and if continuing to take them , the allergy continues, and secondary infection may superimpose.
Avoid taking more of pulses, potato, and fish to avoid accumulation of pus in the swelling.Take more of green leafy vegetables, egg, and meat, to improve resistance .
Wishing for a quick recovery and thanks for calling.