Toe, spiral fracture, displaced to the west, pain on top of foot close to base, difficulty in walking. Muscle pull?

i fractured my fifth toe , spiral fracture and displaced 90 degree to the West. Had no pain with the injury as the toe immediately went numb and turned blue. Went to the ED who xrayed and confirmed a fracture to my proximal phalanx of my foot . They attempted to reduce the deformity but were unable to get this accomplished. We pulled the toe to the fourth and buddy taped it in place. I only have pain when I walk to the toe. However, the top of my foot close to the base of my toes hurts terribly. Could this be a muscle pulling from the fracture.
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012