Toe slipped with twist in right ankle, causing sprain. Have painful bruise and itchiness. Is it a normal recovery?

I ran a obstacle course mud race this last weekend and slipped off of an obstacle. It was made of 2x4 planks of wood and I fell forwards when my toe slipped off (it was a downward sloped ladder type). I managed to twist my right ankle resulting in a sprain and hit my left shin on the edge of the 2x4 rung. It developed a large lump immediately and was scrapped pretty bad and was painful. I had it cleaned and iced by the aid station and the swelling went down some. Now, it is bruising , painful, itchy, and still swollen (4 days later). Is this normal recovery?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013